The Droid Bionic is one of the most eagerly anticipated phones this year and Verizon customers have been waiting a while for this one( cough, cough Verizon!). Some have been worried that the Motorola locked bootloader would not allow the use of aftermarket software on this phone but it seems those concerns can be put to rest.
mydroidworld.com is reporting the good news that the recent Droid 3 exploit not only roots that phone but allows root access to be achieved on the Bionic too( the # symbol on the screenshot above means root has been achieved)!! The exploit worked on a number of Moto phones so it seemed only logical to attempt it on the Bionic as well, the only question now is how safe and secure the root access is. That will have to wait untill everyone gets their hands on the phone on September 8th!
- 4.3-inch 540×960 qHD display (meaning there’s no 4.5-inch screen here)
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 8-megapixel camera with 1080p video capture
- Front-facing camera that’ll likely be of the VGA persuasion
- 16GB internal memory
- 16GB microSD card preinstalled
- 1GB RAM
- Webtop apps similar to what’s found on the Atrix
- MotoPrint support for wireless printing
- 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot support for up to eight devices
JKeene AndroREV Writer
We are AndroREV, WE ARE!!!!!