ASUS Announces Transformer Pad TF300, Brings Quad-Core And Android 4.0 Tablet On A Budget!!
The Android tablet world is experiencing a paradigm shift right now. When tablets powered by Android first came out, I think anyone will admit that there was a wide discrepancy between them. Most of the tablets with top specs were $500+ and the other end of the spectrum were tablets running Android 2.2 with laughably embarrassing specs. None of these were able to keep up with the Juggernaut that is the iPad. As specs have advanced and prices could be lowered we are seeing manufacturers finally introducing tablets that can compete in both the spec and O.S. department. The other week Samsung introduced a line of tablets that while not rocking the best processors are priced to keep up with the iPad.
Now ASUS is here to show us how it is done. The Transformer Pad TF300 brings the Transformer Prime to the masses and has the chops to back it up. The tablet, announced today will be for sale online on April 23rd with the tablet for sale in brick and mortar stores on April 30th. The docking station, which is NOT compatible with either the original Transformer or Transformer Prime, will set you back $149. The tablet itself is priced at $379 for the 16GB model with the 32GB model running $399. Now for that price you get a mighty impressive spec list,
- Operating System: Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 T30L Quad-Core @1.2GHz
- GPU: GeForce® 12-core, 3D stereo (built-in)
- Memory/Storage: RAM:1GB / ROM:16GBNetworking Wifi/3G/4G LTE
- Data rate: 3G SKU: HSPA+ 21/5.76 Mbps, 4G LTE SKU: 100/50 Mbps
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0
- Display: 10.1″ WXGA (1280 × 800) LED Backlight 178° wide viewing angle IPS panel, 10 finger multi-touch
- Camera: 1.2MP ( front ) camera and 8MP auto-focus (rear) with large F/2.2 aperture
- Interface: 2-in-1 Audio Jack (head-out/MIC-in 2-in-1) , 1 × micro-D HDMI 1.4a port / 1 × microSD Card Reader / built-in microphone / High Quality Speakers
- Battery: 10 hours; 22Wh Li-polymer; 15 hours with mobile dock; Dock: 16.5Wh Li-polymer
- Keyboard: Mobile dock with full QWERTY Keyboard (Optional)
So for that price you get a tablet rocking Android 4.0 ICS, quad-core processor, 4G LTE radios, 1GB of RAM, and a 10.1″ display. For $379…. Let that sink in for minute. Right now a brand new iPad 2 from last year starts at $399. For less than the price of a year old iPad you are getting a top spec Android tablet running the latest and greatest O.S. version. Can we say winning?
JKeene, AndroREV Editor
We Are AndroREV, WE ARE!!!